corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ODF 1.2 links
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:22:13 GMT
> On 17 Jul 2015, at 6:47 pm, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> For those working on ODF this blog might be of interest.
> https://blog.documentfoundation.org/2015/07/17/open-document-format-odf-1-2-published-as-international-standard-263002015-by-isoiec/
>
> I am thinking of updating our web pages to have the links to ISO included,
> thoughts ?

Yes, I think we should definitely do so.

I wonder about compatibility issues we may have to address now with the multiple versions
of ODF. If I recall correctly, some versions of MS Office only support an older version of
the standard (I can’t remember if it was 1.0 or 1.1).

For those more familiar with the details of ODF versions - should we support conversion to
specific versions of the formats? E.g. convert to ODF 1.1 or ODF 1.2, in case the user wants
to open the document in an application that only supports the former?

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org