corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] make release 0.1
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:25:17 GMT

On 2015-07-30 19:22, jan i wrote:
> Dave@ thanks for you offer.
>
> Can you help me understand one things about releases and IPMC.
>
> I have understood the task of the IPMC is to control the validity of the
> release (LICENSE, IP clearance etc) and not the quality (bad documentation
> etc),
> but it seems on general@ quality is often discussed ? can e.g. too little
> documentation be a release blocker ?
>
> thanks in advance.
> rgds
> jan i.

Hi Jan,
poor documentation can naturally be a concern, _but it cannot constitute
a veto_ by the IPMC. The priority for the IPMC is IP clearance,
licenses, notices and a transparent, open development process. Whatever
is left is mostly opinions, not requirements. In essence, the IPMC is
the steward of the legality and community aspect of the release, not the
quality of it.

With regards,
Daniel.