corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Qt the right choice ??
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 03:09:08 GMT
> On 28 Jul 2015, at 2:00 am, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 27 July 2015 at 20:33, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. Which UI toolkit is best for Apache project, and that other projects
>> are already using? I had a brief look around at lists of potential
>> candidate UI toolkits but didn’t find anything that was both good
>> quality/mature and with a friendly license. But I’ve quite possibly missed
>> something. Are there other ASF project that provide a desktop app (and
>> aren’t in Java) that we can learn from and take a similar path to them?
>>
> I have searched for quite sometime also because AOO thought about changing,
> and did not find a better multiplatform library.

Would such a cross-platform UI toolkit, Apache licensed, be a good candidate for an incubator
project?

It seems to me that this would be useful for a number of Apache projects (such as OO), and
thus it should be possible to attract enough interest from potential contributors.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org