corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Criteria for becoming committer in Corinthia.
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:47:04 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i []
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 07:25
Subject: Criteria for becoming committer in Corinthia.

As was obvious from other discussions (in private), we need to agree on
what are the "rules"
for being accepted as a committer. It is also obvious that there are room
for diversity in how
we apply the rules.

For me life is very simple, we are a small project, and should use any
chance to grow. This
means, I believe we should look at:

1) Candidate has been active on dev@ and shown interest for the project
2) Candidate has submitted patches (not necessarily through dev@)
3) Candidate has otherwise done work to help corinthia.

The proposer must make clear which of the 3 the candidate fulfills (1 is
enough), in
case of 3) the proposer must make it clear to the others what work was done
what the benefit will be for the project.

If there is general consensus after a discussion, that the candidate is
beneficial for the project,
we run a vote (needed formally, at least until we become TLP). The vote
should be a formality,
but in case someone votes -1, the following should happen

1) The reasons for the -1 must be discussed, and may cause others to change

We need to think about, how to handle a -1 from a person that either give a
non serious reason,
or did not participate in the discussion.

Please accept this for what it is, a suggestion from me, I hope for and
expect changes.

jan i.

View raw message