corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODF Restructure
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2015 16:56:48 GMT
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Ian C <ian@amham.net> wrote:

> Hi Gabriela,
>
> attached is a patch that reorganises the ODF world to be more like the way
> Word documents are processed.

Great!

> I changed to the top level from operations to use an ODFGet. Which in turn
> uses an ODFConverter.  The heart of the ODFGet function is
>
>     ODFConverter *converter =
> ODFConverterNew(html,abstractStorage,package,idPrefix);
>
>     //Get the styles data
>     //CSSSheetRelease(converter->styleSheet);
>     converter->styleSheet = ODFParseStyles(converter);
>
>     //Convert the content.xml to an html beastie
>     ODFTextGet(converter);
>
>     char *cssText = CSSSheetCopyCSSText(converter->styleSheet);
>     HTMLAddInternalStyleSheet(converter->html, cssText);
>     HTML_safeIndent(converter->html->docNode,0);
>
> Which parses for styles as I did before ( so still needs some work).
> Then calls an edited ODFTextGet - which is much as it was.
>
> The code has just been twisted around to match the structure of the word
> world.
>
> %-)

> Which means I can't help thinking that we could/should abstract out the
> common aspects of converters.
>
> It converts the headers.odt document to an html which shows the headers ok.
> I also attached my version of headers.odt since I changed some of the
> styles to try and emphasize their differences.
>
> I hope it makes sense to you and that your patch tool can digest it.
>
> Still have a cold(and so am somewhat with the faeries and have to keep my
puzzles simple thus), and so far my patch tool digest it better than my
brain.  Those patches sure are a great work out for the logmessage scribe
and this weekend, I've learned all about 'unittests' in python and your
patch supplied lots of ammo for writing tests.

Let me catch up! {{ nearly there }} :>

--
Visit my Coding Diary: http://gabriela-gibson.blogspot.com/