corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <>
Subject Re: Git newbie and build question
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 11:27:26 GMT
On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Ian C <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a relative git newbie, and have I think goofed up my code tree. I
> merged Gabriela's branch rather than fetching it. So my world is kind of
> confused,
> Apart from saving my files, restarting and then importing my files is there
> anything else I can do?
git log will show you the list of commits.  To go to any particular one,
grab the key and then, at your prompt, do:

 git checkout 295caa80be4cfc37e0e7bdd4aa3fcc6ad7b1a1b6
$ Note: checking out '295caa80be4cfc37e0e7bdd4aa3fcc6ad7b1a1b6'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

  git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at 295caa8... Tables, headers, lists, bold, italic, underline.

(I like the bit about detached head state.  Fits in well with my current
history listening about the French revolution ;-D )

Anyway, this will get you back to the initial starting point.  This will
also work from any starting point -- so if you get a completely new tree,
the git checkout <key> works just the same.

> And FYI my build didn't work due to a line CMakeList.txt
> I looked through its history and removed
> add_subdirectory(consumers/corinthia/src)
> And all was well.
> Don't understand the details. With the above line it was complaining about
> qt5 related paths.
> You need to  grab ahold of the qt5dev kit.  See this page for details:

and note the two new additions in the sudo install list:

> --
Visit my Coding Diary: