corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject lenses
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:59:00 GMT
Hi Peter,

I see in the word processing you use a series of structures with get and
put function pointers (lenses ) to drill down - focus on  - particular
parts of the document.

Do you think we should replicate this for odf processing?

I was thinking just of a series of functions to drill down but hadn't seen
the funky lenses idea. I kind of like it but wonder as to whether it helps
or obscures?

We are into a parsing scenario which is essentially just a series of nested
switch statements.
Would be very interesting idea to auto generate but just think out loud
there. Which is kind of what the ODFToolkit does...

--
Cheers,

Ian C