corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: html ids
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:28:43 GMT
> On 19 Jun 2015, at 11:20 pm, Peter Kelly <> wrote:

> I experimented with this a while back using the Myers diff algorithm

> [1]

This is a fascinating algorithm BTW, and one of my favourites of all time, because of the
way in which it re-casts the problem (diffing two files) into a totally different form (finding
the shortest path through a graph), and explains the solution in terms of this latter form.
The paper is pretty heavy reading, but there’s a good implementation here:

There’s an implementation of this in Editor/src/util.js (function diff). It’s not actually
used anywhere any I can’t remember why I added it there, but useful nonetheless as as starting
point if you’re looking for an implementation.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>