corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Corinthia Home for ODF Interoperability Assessment
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:43:14 GMT
Thanks Peter,

Your questions and comments have led me to rethink this a little.

 1. For temporary purposes, I am going to create a GitHub project that carries some specimen
and exemplary materials for a startup Document Interop Assessment project.  This is an easier
place to demonstrate my thinking and also not clutter up the Corinthia repo with material
that will go dead and should not clutter up the history.  (For various reasons, I would much
rather have this be in an SVN repository because of how repository-level versioning is handled
automatically and how HTTP access into SVN works well. I also have to satisfy myself about
using Markdown instead of HTML, since that creates more dependencies on any server housing
the materials.  I think I'll check to see how HTML renders on web access to a GitHub repository.)

 2. The Interop Assessment material is not really something that is produced in releases.
 There might be companion utilities that have releasable source code and convenience binaries.
 However the Interop Assessment material could become quite extensive and it makes no sense
to have there be some sort of overall release cadence.
    I need to think what would be an appropriate place to house this that is not tied to the
release cadence of some project.
    (I also think this is a matter for Corinthia itwself, in that there are multiple components
in what is a kind of suite of materials and having an overall release of the code base might
be a little peculiar.  It seems to be the wrong level for versioning of stuff.)
    Perhaps it is better to think of this as a kind of library project, where a big part of
the library is a collection of data, documentation, and instructions as well as a variety
of (small?) utilities.  Maybe code that is developed for generic treatment of the material
and assessment of documents, conduct of tests, etc., is more appropriate for something like
Apache Commons.  Then there are all the cases and their data.

I am going to ask around Apache about this.  Maybe some other places.

 - Dennis