corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Franz de Copenhague <franzdecopenha...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: headers
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 17:23:17 GMT
> Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 10:21:03 +0200
> Subject: Re: headers
> From: jani@apache.org
> To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
>
> On 18 May 2015 at 01:51, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter said about the value of the H(n) tag:
>>
>> " In ODF, we can’t rely on style names to determine the heading level,
>> because it’s perfectly legal to call them something other than
>> Heading_20_n, which is what OpenOffice seems to do by default. The
>> text:h element has an outline-level attribute; this indicates the
>> level of the heading. So you should get the value of the
>> TEXT_OUTLINE_LEVEL attribute and use that to determine which HTML
>> heading tag to use.
>> "
>>
>> That is a solid value thoughout tho(being an enum), and does not
>> help me to determine if it's H1 or H6. I can get it with
>> odfNode->attrs->value for now, but it's a char* and so will take some
>> ASCII value mangling TLC. It probably would be an idea to have a
>> translation function for this, just for reading clarity.
>>
>> Regard H(n)> 6 I think it's probably better to keep it H6
>> because the user will be expecting some kind of header (which h6
>> is) and not a paragraph. In the end they'll make it a paragraph
>> probably, but in the meanwhile, they did ask for something of the
>> shape of
>>

> Could it be you too talk in east and west....sounds a little bit like it.
>
> H1 - H6 are builtin style names, but most users (and office packages) use
> all
> kind of names for header styles. E.x. in my standard style sheet, they are
> called header1 - header6.
>
> There is no way we can trust style names to be anything specific. But the
> TEXT_OUTLINE_LEVEL is an attribute within the style (part of the style
> definition) and should be used.
>
> If will get even more fun, with you look at style names for bullets and
> numbering,
> they are completely random.

Outline level is implemented in DOCX in the same way. We can consider to implement the same
logic in DOCX. I mean a regular paragraph with Outline level should be consider as H1,H2,
etc

>> <header>
>> <their text to be headed>
>>
>> so I think we should give that to them, even if imperfect.
>>
>> Alternative ideas (to be explored later) are to press a list (of lists
>> (of lists (...)) into service. (bullets? numbered?)
>>
>> Finally: Do we have a notifying mechanism that kicks in if we cannot
>> translate from A to B?
>>
>> If not, should we?
>>
> that sounds like a good idea.

in HTML 5 a <header> must contain a <H1> tag
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_header

franz