corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code explanations in Wiki ?
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 13:46:59 GMT
On 12 May 2015 at 13:52, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for all the explanations :-)
>
> Further to Jan's suggestion, I think that the DF* library functions
> could benefit from DocBook comments, and be treated like an internal
> API.
>
> Whilst this is not for consumption for Corinthia users, it will be
> useful for devs in general and help to flatten the learning curve for
> newbies initially, and it's nice to just check on the generated HTML
> page to quickly find the correct tool or see easily if a better method
> is available.
>
> I wouldn't mind writing the initial cut thereof and it would help me
> understand the DF library better too.

I am not against the idea, just have a few comments:
- If DocBook is maintained outside the source (header file) itself, I would
never trust it. It is ok if it is extracted from the source file
- Dorte/I can make a subdir on our web for such documentation (divide in
internal/external/editor)

I never used DocBook, but different systems, could you please use a few
words/examples of the workflow, and how we integrate it
in the build process.

thanks
jan I.