corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 64bit port.
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 16:12:52 GMT
Awesome :)

I actually ran into a 64 bit-related problem today as I was trying to build the Qt UI on windows,
and realised I’d installed the 64 bit version of Qt whereas the rest of the code was 32-bit,
and thus VS refused to link against it.

I’m just making some time now to hopefully get a bit more into development, and I want to
focus on getting the Qt app into a state where people can easily come in and contribute to
it. I think UI work will be a nice attractive thing for new (and existing!) developers and
will finally let us have an end-user app where we can show off something interesting.

I was going to wait until I’d done some more testing with Windows but I’ve pushed my fixes
for Qt/Linux building now. All that required changing in the CMake config was to remove the
hard-coded paths; if the qt bin directory is in your path then CMake will use one of the programs
in there (qtdiag?) to figure out the include/lib paths. Once I did that on my Mac I found
that I could build on both OS X and Linux (a couple of minor source changes were also required
for the latter).

Once you’ve got your cmake changes committed, we should be good to enable the qt build by
default. I’ve got build instructions for Linux now which I’m about to post to the wiki.

Is there an Apache-official place where we can host the binaries, other than your home directory
on people.? The latter is probably sufficient for the time being at least.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org