corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Progress on Qt app
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 13:44:22 GMT
Just a heads up to what I’ll be committing soon… I’ve finally found some time to invest
in the basic architecture of the Qt-based desktop app in place, in particular the javascript
bridge which interfaces between C++ and the JS code used by the editing library. Jan has already
got a skeleton project in place which builds on windows, and I now have that building on the

I still have a few bits and pieces to clean up, primarily ensuring it builds again on Windows
(and also Linux), as well as bundling the JS files and a sample document as part of the build
process. I have a very basic UI with a few buttons which trigger actions like insert table,
insert/delete character, undo/redo etc - primarily to illustrate how to have a UI element
that calls through to the editing library via the JS bridge.

I’m also going to document this properly, including the functions exposed by the editing
library, to make it easier to understand what it all does. My intention is to try and give
enough info & example code to enable newcomers to the project to have an easy path into
participation. To this end, I’ll also be creating a bunch of issues in Jira which will be
relatively straightforward tasks people can do if they have a working knowledge of C++ and
Qt (and fortunately Qt is quite easy to learn if you already know C++).

I was hoping to have this in already, but other work is keeping me busy this week. But it’s
coming shortly, and hopefully this will help us get the desktop app moving along, which I
think will make a big difference to the usefulness of the project.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>