corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Franz de Copenhague <>
Subject RE: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:21:04 GMT
> Subject: Re: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:19:24 +0700
> To:
> As far as the test directory names are concerned, I would suggest docx and odt. These
are easily-recognisable strings anyone likely to look through the repository will be familiar
with, and avoid the unfortunate “Open Office” <-> “Office Open” confusion that
must have been a completely accidental outcome in the decision of what to name the spec...
> —
> Dr Peter M. Kelly

I did start this thread with my observation about the little discrepancy between documents/odf/*.odt
versus documents/docx/*.docx. I agree with either
odt/*.odt and docx/*.docx OR odf/*.odt and ooxml/*.docx

Replacing automatic styles by its inline CSS style representation is a good approach and I
did add an .odt example with inner span tag and duplicate style names for paragraph and character
styles. Adding odt examples will help developers a lot to find the uses cases to implement.
So developers will appreciate if you can commit any example, or send them to the list (if
possible) or attaching the examples to a jira ticket.

View raw message