corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:38:40 GMT
Thanks Andrea :)

It is confusing indeed.  And to my embarrassment, I only skimmed the precis.

Note that my understanding here was that the sample/documents are mostly
aimed at new/casual users (who may well not know about the finer points)
and would probably find the description docx more recognisable than ooxml.

But looking at the other thread, samples/documents now seems to be moving
towards being a developer stash of useful edge cases.

In which case our tree probably needs yet another split, one for users to
allow them to just try out Corinthia with 1-2 simple test cases of the
supported formats that convert 1-1 into each other,  and another tree for
devs who are more interested in a collection of edge cases than a simple
sample and stuff like bindings.

Maybe what we need is:

$ tree
.
└── samples
    ├── dev
    │   ├── code
    │   │   └── bindings
    │   └── documents
    │       ├── html
    │       ├── odt
    │       ├── ooxml
    │       └── tex
    └── user
        ├── docx
        ├── html
        ├── latex
        └── odf

where I am assuming that the user has no requirements for code samples.

--
Visit my Coding Diary: http://gabriela-gibson.blogspot.com/