corinthia-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gabriela Gibson <...@apache.org>
Subject Leaks in dfconvert
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:21:19 GMT
I ran valgrind on dfconvert.

With file foo1.html not existing yet, and the same thing with file
foo1.html existing.

valgrind --leak-check=full --show-leak-kinds=all --track-origins=yes
./dfconvert get demo.docx foo1.html 2> log_leaky_with_foo1_not_existing.txt

(see attached txt files)

In both cases we drop 327k bytes somewhere:

Case 1, file does not exist:

==20807== Command: ./dfconvert get demo.docx foo1.html
==20807==
==20807==
==20807== HEAP SUMMARY:
==20807==     in use at exit: 327,842 bytes in 10,364 blocks
==20807==   total heap usage: 62,491 allocs, 52,127 frees, 25,363,368 bytes
allocated


Case 2, file exists:

==20788== Command: ./dfconvert get demo.docx foo1.html
==20788==
Error: foo1.html: File already exists
==20788==
==20788== HEAP SUMMARY:
==20788==     in use at exit: 327,842 bytes in 10,364 blocks
==20788==   total heap usage: 56,384 allocs, 46,020 frees, 23,169,533 bytes
allocated

I'm still exploring the code base with gdb and such, and the above problem
may be above my pay grade ;-)

Then again, it might be nothing to worry about.

I used the demo.docx file Peter posted yesterday.

G

Mime
View raw message