corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <>
Subject Re: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:39:33 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Peter Kelly <> wrote:

> > On 29 Apr 2015, at 9:46 pm, Gabriela Gibson <>
> wrote:
> >
> > It may just be me, but I would not have looked in ooxml for docx
> documents,
> > but expected to find them in a docx directory.  In ooxml I would have
> > expected (wrongly) xml documents.
> >
> > With the symlink, it won't matter and it removes one small potential
> > confusion.
> I’d advise against having symlinks in the repository since I don’t think
> they are supported on windows.
> Oh.  I had no idea :)

The thing is though, when you do a web search for ooxml, the top link (at
least in Ireland) is this:

Office Open XML (OOXML) is an XML-based file format used for representing
word processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. It is
conceptually similar to ODF in many respects, though a lot of the details
differ.Jul 24, 2014

Office Open XML - Apache OpenOffice Wiki

So, by that definition, docx is not ooxml and ./dfconvert tells me that:

$ ./dfconvert --help

dfconvert get concrete.docx abstract.html

    Create a new HTML file from a Word document. The HTML file must not
    already exist.

So, that makes me think that we should have docx and ooxml directories, but
that docx should not live in ooxml?