corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Progress on Qt app
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 13:58:40 GMT
On Wednesday, April 8, 2015, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:

> Just a heads up to what I’ll be committing soon… I’ve finally found some
> time to invest in the basic architecture of the Qt-based desktop app in
> place, in particular the javascript bridge which interfaces between C++ and
> the JS code used by the editing library. Jan has already got a skeleton
> project in place which builds on windows, and I now have that building on
> the mac.

yeah sorry I am behind, but apacheCON and the Corinthia presentation is
taking its toll.

I have the library build running fir 32/64 bit, and was just starting to
add a reduced Qt lib.

> I still have a few bits and pieces to clean up, primarily ensuring it
> builds again on Windows (and also Linux), as well as bundling the JS files
> and a sample document as part of the build process. I have a very basic UI
> with a few buttons which trigger actions like insert table, insert/delete
> character, undo/redo etc - primarily to illustrate how to have a UI element
> that calls through to the editing library via the JS bridge.
>
> I’m also going to document this properly, including the functions exposed
> by the editing library, to make it easier to understand what it all does.
> My intention is to try and give enough info & example code to enable
> newcomers to the project to have an easy path into participation. To this
> end, I’ll also be creating a bunch of issues in Jira which will be
> relatively straightforward tasks people can do if they have a working
> knowledge of C++ and Qt (and fortunately Qt is quite easy to learn if you
> already know C++).
>
> I was hoping to have this in already, but other work is keeping me busy
> this week. But it’s coming shortly, and hopefully this will help us get the
> desktop app moving along, which I think will make a big difference to the
> usefulness of the project.
>
> I am flying to austin saturday, and will probably have my hands full next
week, due to my
travel assistance work.

After ACNA I want to finalize the Qt Editor, and then start preparing for
apacheCON EU. I am
heading apacheCON EU, but I still hope to give a Corinthia presentation
there as well.

thanks Peter for giving a helping hand.
rgds
jan i