corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator-corinthia git commit: Copy parts of src/word/lenses to src/odf/lenses/.
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:02:32 GMT
> On 24 Apr 2015, at 11:28 pm, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok :)
>
> Should I simply revert everything I have shipped and start over?

That’s probably the easiest option. Tell you what, tomorrow I’ll sit down and write an
overview of how the Word filter works on the wiki (a long overdue task) and fill in some of
the missing structure for ODF so you have that in place. I realise it’s hard just looking
at the big chunk of code and trying to figure out how to get started :)

> It's not like it's a huge amount of work lost and it still was educational
> anyway and starting to pick out the changes probably takes longer than
> going from scratch.

This is a great point… the value of writing code often turns out to be educational; I think
I actually had about three attempts at writing the word filter before I eventually came up
with the structure. The same is true of a lot of code I write, so this is normal ;)

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org