corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: Progress on Qt app
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:29:51 GMT
> On 8 Apr 2015, at 8:58 pm, jan i <> wrote:

>> I am flying to austin saturday, and will probably have my hands full next
> week, due to my
> travel assistance work.

This is actually very good timing. If possible, I’ll try to get my commits in by the time
the conference starts (or at the very least, least before it ends), so if you end up finding
people interested in taking part in the project, the desktop app (which primarily requires
UI design/implementation work) will be a good thing to promote, and a (relatively) straightforward
thing to get involved with.

I’m hoping in the near future to see lots of interesting discussions on the list about how
the UI should look & work. We have a really unique opportunity here to take a “clean
slate” approach to a word processing UI, though there’s a lot of existing ideas in the
space to build on (and we shouldn’t ignore history). So this is an one aspect something
that might be very attractive to some people, esp. those who are frustrated with the limitations
and/or complexity of existing word processors.

Dr. Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>