corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Proposal: incubator-corinthia/test_documents
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:18:17 GMT
Catching up on the list after having my attention elsewhere for a couple of weeks.

 1. You can make .docx files quite easily using the free Microsoft Office Web Apps.
    You need to create a OneDrive account on the Web.  You should be able to use
    Your browser to make documents and then download them to your desktop.
    Start at <>.

 2. I have a proposal brewing for systematic creation of test documents for ODF
    Format.  I will add to the sketch that Gabriela started on the wiki.
    Note that part of the scope for Corinthia was a systematic set of tests for
    calibration of feature support and their interoperability.  So this may
    involve significantly more test documents.  If that is a problem with our
    repository, we need to deal with this question rather quickly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriela Gibson []
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 10:55
Subject: Re: Proposal: incubator-corinthia/test_documents

after some long thought I figured that for now, as a discussion
starter, I put in a simple tree with 3 simple html samples.

My instinct says that every directory should hold the same sample
files, so that whatever is in odf should produce the same as what is
in html.

I didn't fill the other directories since I wanted to settle that first.

Also, please let me know if you would prefer better directory names,
and if the INDEX file in this form is useful.

As Peter said, we don't really want a proliferation of sample files,
so, we better be sure that what we have is to the point.  3 files
seems like a good size per sample directory.

I only know latex and html, so take a look and let me know if those
three files and their contents are useful enough to be reproduced in
docx and odf.

I have access to odf, but not to docx generators.

Whilst this looks a bit trivial, this directory will probably be the
first experiments that new users try, so it's important that this all
looks good, whilst being small enough not to overwhelm.

[ ... ]

View raw message