corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:07:34 GMT

From: Franz de Copenhague [mailto:franzdecopenhague@outlook.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 16:33
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach

> From: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
> To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: ODF document example to apply Peter's style name approach
> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:31:36 -0700
>
> .docx, .xslx, and .pptx files are definitely all OOXML files.
>
> However, Microsoft Office also has free-standing XML files that can be produced for Word
and Excel documents. These are not OOXML but they are also not .docx, .xslx, and .pptx.

> To complicate matters, Microsoft Office does not rely on file extensions alone. It always
sniffs inside the file to see what it actually is and it may simply do the right thing. For
example, if you have an .rtf file and rename it to .doc, it should still open correctly in
Microsoft Office Word.

> Note, also, that the OOXML Standard does not specify file-name extensions at all.
>
> - Dennis

Also ODF has a mimetype entry to identify the document type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument_technical_specification#Documents

- Franz

 		 	   		  =