corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Git revert difficulty
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 01:29:28 GMT
If you look at the file(s) that is(are) being complained about, you might see that there is
a DIFF there instead of the file.  Do the process to reconcile to what you want to end up
with and commit that.  Then see if Sync works.

(A little GIT magic joojoo.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriela Gibson [mailto:gabriela.gibson@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 07:29
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Git revert difficulty

I managed to revert 2 of the 3 commits I made, using a fresh clone, using
'push' after every revert.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-corinthia/commit/d929743bc35ef8446e3caf617ecc2fe06f271f87
https://github.com/apache/incubator-corinthia/commit/af7174928444035dd05a63a1e1f2cb190fcb5360

However, the first commit of that series (I worked backwards) is not
reverting trivially and I'm not sure how to proceed.

This is the state of play:

$ git revert c4ea2ed9389b46418eed7a1f499b8085461c58c3
error: could not revert c4ea2ed... Add initial shape of ODF filter.
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'

$git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

You are currently reverting commit c4ea2ed.
  (fix conflicts and run "git revert --continue")
  (use "git revert --abort" to cancel the revert operation)

Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

        modified:   DocFormats/filters/odf/src/text/ODFText.c
modified:   DocFormats/filters/ooxml/CMakeLists.txt
        deleted:    DocFormats/filters/ooxml/src/odf/ODFConverter.c
        deleted:    DocFormats/filters/ooxml/src/odf/ODFConverter.h

Unmerged paths:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
  (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)

        both modified:
 DocFormats/filters/ooxml/src/common/OOXMLTypedefs.h

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

        TAGS

------

The list in the git status looks like expected:

[...]

However I'm not sure what the both modifed entry signifies.

The changes to DocFormats/filters/ooxml/src/common/OOXMLTypedefs.h
mentioned in 'both modified' I did in that commit were additions:

(logmessage entry for that change)
* DocFormats/filters/ooxml/src/common/OOXMLTypedefs.h Copypasta and
replace-string of Word related typedefs to 'ODFxxx'. Not clear they are all
needed or correct.

In the file itself at the end, the additions were removed and I now see
this added in, presumably by git:

=======

I'm not sure what is the conflict here or how to resolve it.

thanks,

Visit my Coding Diary: http://gabriela-gibson.blogspot.com/