corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: Prototype web app, and Editor API
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:15:30 GMT
> On 12 Mar 2015, at 1:26 am, Franz de Copenhague <>
> I just built an django example to prototype the server-side. It uses the CKEditor but
we can replace it by DocFormats web editor
> username/password: admin/admin
> It is running in a developer python server, let me know if you cannot see the link.
> JD

This looks fantastic.

Now that I’ve committed the proof of concept editor I’ve written to the repository (which
has a very limited UI compared to what you’ve shown), would you like to have a go at this?

Actually, is the UI there from CKEditor, or your own? The former is not Apache licensed which
might be problematic. We’ll need to figure out what our/Apache’s policy is for using third-party
frameworks in web apps. There’s a lot of good ones out there and it would be nice to be
able to re-use them if licensing conditions allows.

At any rate, I think a topic we should begin discussing is UI design. There are existing word
processing/writing tools to draw inspiration from. Lets hear everyone’s ideas.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>