corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [dfwebserver] Python binding
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:05:59 GMT
> On 17 Mar 2015, at 12:27 am, Franz de Copenhague <>
> The submitted code is just experimental code. And you are right, it doesn't honor the
Apache headers.
> Also it only builds in Linux and a little refactory is required to do.
> I would like to submit python and nodeJS bindings in the future to try different approaches
of web servers able to run DocFormats API.

nodeJS bindings sound great BTW! Perhaps we can implement a server-side component in both
Python as well as nodeJS - this way, it makes the library useful to a wider range of people
who might consider using it for various purposes in their web apps or for other back-end processing

I’m a big fan of both languages. I’ve been doing a lot of Python work lately in another
job (using Flask as the web server) and have come to like it, but node is also nicely done
(with the exception of callback hell, which can be avoided through promises and the like -
nice to see the teaching of SICP [1] finally making it into the mainstream after 20 years

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>