corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Developer
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 12:31:03 GMT
> On 7 Mar 2015, at 4:14 pm, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 7 March 2015 at 10:08, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Juande, added :)

>> Ps.: I'm a git newbie too, I used svn before.  It took me ages to work out
>> that the equiv. of 'svn reset' is 'git stash' :-D (hmm, maybe should add
>> that to the FAQ!)
>>

> Actually (being a git relative newbie) I do not understand why we need this
> "git remote" stuff, I have now for 2 month worked without it.

Today is actually the first time I looked at the Git FAQ. We don’t need the second remote
or any reference to GitHub at all (I don’t know why it’s there). The following command
is the one and only thing you need:

git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-corinthia.git

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly