corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: New Developer
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 12:28:50 GMT
> On 7 Mar 2015, at 3:51 am, Gabriela Gibson <> wrote:
> Hi Juande,
> see the Git FAQ on our wiki here:
> <>

Also for anyone who’s new to Git, I strongly recommend the following: <>

Git’s user interface is as unfriendly as hell, but this book explains the underlying concepts
(the graph-based representation of version history, non-linearity, and distribution) and how
it differs conceptually from SVN. I read through the whole thing on a long overnight bus ride
just before I began using Git and it made it very easy to understand Git relative to if I
didn’t know about what was going on underneath in terms of the database.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>