corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Juande Manjon <>
Subject RE: New Developer
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 17:49:26 GMT
> Hi Juande, and welcome!
> Currently documentation for new contributors is very limited, and
> we're hoping to get sorted out in the near future. I'm hoping to find some
> time in the following week to write up an overview of the editing API, as
> as sketch out a skeleton of the ODF support code in the file format
> conversion library.
> Currently we have the following main efforts:
> - Building a Qt-based application for end-users, which will enable editing
> documents (Jan has just recently gotten started on this)
> - Building a web-based application which can be used in a similar fashion
> Google docs
> - Adding ODF support to the DocFormats library
> Let us know what most interests you, or if you have anything else you'd
> to do with the project, and we can help you get started.

Hi Peter,

All of them are very interesting,  actually I have C++ experience on Qt  and
OOXML/ODF filter development. Currently, I am reading about javascript
because I want to know more about web technologies and working on a
web-based application looks a developer challenge task for me. And by the
other side, working on C is less attractive.

So, my first choice is definitely web-based but I will be glad to work a
little on the ODF filter design, in which I can provide very good feedbacks
because of my previous experience dealing with it.

Regarding to the limited documentation, with the dev-list responses I was
able to get the code and build and debug on Windows following Gabriella and
Jan instructions (Thank you) for git and external batch.

I did have a look at the code and current functionality of the dfutil and
dfconvert. And I have some technical and architecture questions about how
web application interfaces with DocFormat library. Is this list the right
place to discuss or brainstorm ideas?

View raw message