corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Franz de Copenhague <franzdecopenha...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: [dfwebserver] Python binding
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:05:50 GMT

> I think my technical comment might have got lost in translation :-)
>
> Could you please consider naming your bindings different, I actually
> thought you had copied the dfconvert code

I think that using a similar name to the C API which is been binding to python makes sense
and it is how other bindings are done. So, a developer whom knows DocFormat C API would understand
the python API at first place.

> I would suggest (but it is your choice) to put all bindings in 1 source
> file and name it e.g. docFormatPython.c

The bindind is following the consumers C API pattern with 2 main.c files for dfconvert and
dfutil that generates 2 executables dfconvert and dfutil. For me, makes sense your suggestion
if you have plans to refactory the DocFormat C API and have only one main.c with dfconvert
and dfutil features all together.

It is pretty strait forward to do in a command shell:

dfconvert get input.docx abstract.html

And do the same in python or javascript

import dfconvert
dfconvert.get( "input.docx", "abstract.html")

var dfconvert = require("dfconvert");
dfconvert.get("input.docx", "abstract.html")

franz