corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Franz de Copenhague <franzdecopenha...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Prototype web app, and Editor API
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:05:21 GMT

> From: franzdecopenhague@outlook.com
> To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Prototype web app, and Editor API
> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:26:56 +0000
>

>> From: pmkelly@apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Prototype web app, and Editor API
>> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:30 +0700
>> To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
>>
>>> On 12 Mar 2015, at 1:26 am, Franz de Copenhague <franzdecopenhague@outlook.com>
wrote:

>>> I just built an django example to prototype the server-side. It uses the CKEditor
but we can replace it by DocFormats web editor
>>> http://django-ckeditor-franzdecopenhague.c9.io/admin/demo_application/examplemodel/2/
>>> username/password: admin/admin
>>> It is running in a developer python server, let me know if you cannot see the
link.
>>> JD
>>
>> This looks fantastic.
>>
>> Now that I’ve committed the proof of concept editor I’ve written to the repository
(which has a very limited UI compared to what you’ve shown), would you like to have a go
at this?

>> Actually, is the UI there from CKEditor, or your own? The former is not Apache licensed
which might be problematic. We’ll need to figure out what our/Apache’s policy is for using
third-party frameworks in web apps. There’s a lot of good ones out there and it would be
nice to be able to re-use them if licensing conditions allows.

>> At any rate, I think a topic we should begin discussing is UI design. There are existing
word processing/writing tools to draw inspiration from. Lets hear everyone’s ideas.

>> —
>> Dr Peter M. Kelly

> I am just running the demo application of django-ckeditor and all the UI functionality
is out of the box. I did nothing.

> About the license, at the end of django-ckeditor Python Package Index says OSI Approved
:: BSD License
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-ckeditor#downloads
>
> The JS CKEditor text editor says either GPL, LGPL or MPL
> http://ckeditor.com/about/license
>
> Also, there is a lot of JS frameworks and libraries that could make us easier the front
end development. And it is good to know how to deal with the Apache policy using third-party
frameworks.

> Regarding to the UI, I think is better start discussing about features.
>
> Franz

I have downloaded the CKEditor sdk and you can see in the below link all the UI samples
They have a lot of things to think about ...

https://corinthia-franzdecopenhague.c9.io/ckeditor_sdk/index.html

Franz