corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject xstrdup and gnu licence
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 12:25:07 GMT
Hi,

This:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/texinfo/texinfo-4/texinfo/lib/xstrdup.c
and this:
http://ctan.mackichan.com/systems/luatex/base/source/texk/kpathsea/xstrdup.c

are two of the many copies of the same thing on the web out there.

So, I (idly) wonder about the following technicalities:

a) is the GNU licence a problem?  That is, could someone claim that
Corinthia is now GNU?

b) What actually is copyrighted here -- the entire file, the name, or just
this particular shape of xstrdup?

c) do I need to 'invent' a new way of making xstrdup?

This may be a trite example (and I'm pretty sure that nothing bad will
happen), but the general point does somewhat confuse me --- with music it's
8 similar notes IIRC.

Visit my Coding Diary: http://gabriela-gibson.blogspot.com/