corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Re: [dfwebserver] nodeJS binding
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:18:57 GMT
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015, Franz de Copenhague <> wrote:

> I am working on a nodeJS prototype to upload a DOCX file and GET the HTML
> representation of the document.
> With the link below, you can upload a Word file, it will show you a link to
> call DocFormats API to return the generated abstract HTML.

This fit niceky with a idea I have.

I want a "module" that I can install on the web server, redirect all .docx
request to it, and it responds with html. This is a feature MANY web sites
missed to be able to view docx without downloading and using microsoft.

It sounds like we could do both the editor (mainly bindings) and viewer as
one python/nodejs (Peter told me it  nodeJS a good idea, so I believe the
two of you).

> Images are supported like dfconvert does, but DocFormat-GET will require
> extra parameters to indicate the base path for reset.css and unzipped
> images.

Feel free to extent the C code.

> Play around with different DOCX files, and try documents with images in
> high
> resolution. The server will need to reduce the resolution of images to get
> better performance.

We have the iconv lin in docformat I think that can do the job. I suggest
you define the calls you need, and we fill them as we go along.

Forgive me for being nosy, but what you mind telling where in the wirld you
are based (sorry if I have forgoiten it)

jan i