corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject libxml2 and iconv question, do we really need iconv ?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 08:29:14 GMT

I am nearly finished with the x64 port for windows, I have compiled all
libraries we need.

I wanted to see if we could keep the library sources in our Repo, and
integrate them in our build
system, as it would simplify things. Since I am biased I asked on
general@i.a.o to get the opinion
of outside Mentors. I got a few responses (strangely enough all in
private), and it turns out many projects do as I suggest.

However one of the others mentors found a license problem with iconv. We do
not use iconv, but by default libxml2 does. I can configure libxml2 not to
include iconv, but I wanted to ask in here, if we need the functionality ?

If not my plan has changed a bit, and I will include the sources in
platform, make a single commit with each original source, noting the URL
and version in the commit text (and add it to LICENSE). Then I will add my
changes, which will be solely CMAKE files NO source changes.

Having the source in our build system, will also allow us to decide how to
handle other platforms.

jan I.