corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dfedit considerations and challenges.
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:23:36 GMT
On 6 March 2015 at 13:09, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 6 Mar 2015, at 7:07 pm, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On 6 Mar 2015, at 5:33 pm, jan i <jani@apache.org <mailto:
> jani@apache.org>> wrote:
> >>
> >> - Blink (google) is in java, and thus not very funny to integrate with
> >> DocFormats (or IoS)
> >
> > Actually I’m pretty sure Blink is in C++, since it’s a fork of WebKit. I
> haven’t been following it’s development in the split, but unless they’ve
> decided to rewrite all of WebKit in Java over the past year (highly
> unlikely) I don’t think this is the case.
> >
> > The API for using web views in Android is in Java however (as are all
> the user interface APIs on Android).
>
> And here’s a C++ API for Blink: http://www.chromium.org/blink/public-c-api
> <http://www.chromium.org/blink/public-c-api>

Thanks, seems I searched on another path, where they had a JAVA API and
called a ported version of webkit.

I am just trying to sum up, sorry if I forget something.

I agree that the look and fell on different platform need to be different,
but I would like to have 1 editor code (whatever we call the exe). I think
the differences is more in the layout and not in the actual function
implementation. So maybe having different HTML5 start code, would do the
job.

I also agree on your point about browser, this is why I wrote rendering
engine. IE uses something internal in windows 7 and 8, that does the
rendering. Firefox (or mozilla) has a development package similar to
webkit, this package is built into the firefox browser and (at least on
windows) available as dll.

I am a bit concerned about depending on chrome, at least I would need to
test that on my ipad first.

rgds
jan I.