corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] X64 and libraries.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:58:05 GMT
Hi All.

As you know I started working on Qt for a desktop editor, and found out we
need the 64bit port, so I switched to do that.

I am now at a state where 64bit for windows, seems to be working, BUT

I had to find and download 64bit versions of all our external libraries,
these come as .7z files, which means we would have to extend the extract
bat file.

I know we will will also need some Qt libraries and possible also a JS
framework (for the webapp) so I am questioning if it is sustainable that we
keep maintaining our scripted download.

Apache used to have a place at google called apache_extras (will be
terminated in a matter of days), it is now being replaced with another
place. Apache_extras is a good place to keep these externals in a form
(original+lib/include) so developers simply download that as one package.

I would like to make a zip package that contains:
- original library files (zip, 7z etc)
- A text file telling from where they were downloaded
- files unpacked in our directory structure (externals/*)

We can later make similar packages for MacOS, linux etc. where needed.

I would put that zip file up on our web page until the situation with
apache_extras is cleared (unless Andrea believes the SF version is stable).

Thoughts ?
rgds
jan I.