corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Welcome Gabriela
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 10:44:21 GMT
On 6 March 2015 at 09:35, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gabriela, now that you’re a committed on the project, I’d like to
> > welcome you and thank you for the patches you’ve submitted so far. I
> > appreciate the way you’ve asked questions whenever something’s been
> > unclear, and I’m always happy to clarify things when desired :)
> >
> > Thank you all for inviting me :)
>

> > Once the memory allocation stuff is sorted out, what are you most
> > interested in working on next?
> >
> > We’re aiming to try and get something releasable in the not-too-distant
> > future, but I think it would be good to see a functioning editor. I’ve
> also
> > started doing a little bit of work on the infrastructure for the ODF
> > filter, so this is also something that we need help with. Regarding both
> of
> > these I’ll have some more commits and some notes/documentation sometime
> > next week (very busy at work this week). Do either of these interest you
> in
> > particular?
> >
> > I'm very happy to try assisting with either (and both) of those projects.

I am still looking forward to see you git commits :-)

You are doing great work on our wiki, thanks for that.

But more serious, I think what peter is also albeit indirectly asking, do
you prefer a big project which you handle with the help of us, or rather
smaller bites.

I could for sure also use help when I am a little bit further with DFedit,
I am sure we need to adapt the JS code....and there is only 1 language I
hate more than JS (it is Java), so here help would come handy.

rgds
jan i.