corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dfedit considerations and challenges.
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:09:35 GMT
> On 6 Mar 2015, at 7:07 pm, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Mar 2015, at 5:33 pm, jan i <jani@apache.org <mailto:jani@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> - Blink (google) is in java, and thus not very funny to integrate with
>> DocFormats (or IoS)
>
> Actually I’m pretty sure Blink is in C++, since it’s a fork of WebKit. I haven’t
been following it’s development in the split, but unless they’ve decided to rewrite all
of WebKit in Java over the past year (highly unlikely) I don’t think this is the case.

> The API for using web views in Android is in Java however (as are all the user interface
APIs on Android).

And here’s a C++ API for Blink: http://www.chromium.org/blink/public-c-api <http://www.chromium.org/blink/public-c-api>

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly