corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: IceWarp and Collabora Are Working on LibreOffice Online Document Editing
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:23:42 GMT
> On 25 Mar 2015, at 11:13 pm, Peter Kelly <> wrote:

Some more technical details here: <>

I think both approaches are useful, for different scenarios. Theirs is best for fidelity -
that is, it will present a visual representation of the document that, from what I understand,
will be identical to what you would see in LibreOffice itself. It does however rely very heavily
on the server side to implement a large proportion of the editing logic.

Our approach (using HTML for rendering) provides less fidelity (in the sense of a LO/OO rendered
version of a document being the “authoritative” rendering - though this depends on your
needs, particularly if you’re focused on content rather than presentation). However our
advantage is that *all* of the editing logic resides on the client, and we only need to talk
to the server for document conversion and loading/saving purposes.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>