corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: corinthia.io domain
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:42:53 GMT
> On 25 Mar 2015, at 3:02 pm, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Peter Kelly wrote:
>> In the future we can decide to host the website on corinthia.io
>> itself if we like (in the same manner as openoffice.org),
>> but for now at least we have the domain
>> and it’s a convenient shorthand.
>
> It's nice to have. Thanks for doing that and thanks for doing that with the right spirit:
as you write, it's correct to say "we have the domain", since eventually the trademark will
belong to the ASF and all additional domains should be transferred to it and people, even
PMC members, are discouraged from using domain names that imply a somewhat official affiliation
with the project. While a project-owned short URL can be an important asset.

Sure - and I’m ready and willing to transfer ownership of the domain to ASF as soon as appropriate.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org