corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Web-based editor now in repository
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:00:45 GMT
I’ve just committed the proof-of-concept web-based app built on the editing library to the
repository, in consumers/web/client. This is the same as what I mentioned yesterday on the
list at http://web-demo.uxproductivity.com except that it directly references the latest .js
files in the Editor/src directory, rather than the older version of the code in the one I
just mentioned.

Now that it’s in the repository, feel free to have a look at and play around with it :)
It’s *very* basic at the moment, but should at least be useful as a starting point.

Note that while it’s technically possible for the UI code to access all global functions
provided within the editor, only some of those are meant to be public (that is, usable by
UI code), while others are considered “private”. The full list of public API functions
is at  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Corinthia/API+reference - please make sure
you only call those functions.

The code here is client-side only, and I have only confirmed that it works in Safari and Chrome
(which are also what I use for running all the testcases for the library - see Editor/tests/testharness.html).

Depending on your setup, you may run into errors relating to the JS code being unable to load
resources from the local filesystem. If this is the case, set up a local web server on your
machine, with the web server root equal to the repository, and then access it via the following
http://localhost:8000/consumers/web/client/index.html

If you have Python installed, you can start up a web server easily as follows:

cd ~/Corinthia
python -m SimpleHTTPServer

or if you prefer to use python3:

python3 -m http.server

With Franz already having started work on a server-side version, we may be able to get something
quite usable in the not-too-distanct future. This is quite exciting!

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org