corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Prototype web app, and Editor API
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:59:08 GMT
jan i wrote:
> On 12 March 2015 at 16:05, Franz de Copenhague wrote:
>> http://django-ckeditor-franzdecopenhague.c9.io/admin/demo_application/examplemodel/2/

Just a quick mail to say that I've taken a look at both demos and they
look very nice, even though of course I would need the time to look at
the underlying architecture to assess where we are in Corinthia.

> We cannot
> however use e.g. GPL or BSD, the reason is that they limit downstream
> projects from e.g. making a derivative and sell it...something we at ASF
> really like when it happens.

Minor clarification that adds to the list from Dennis: it is not about
"selling" a derivative, but it is about the freedom to choose whatever
license (open source or proprietary) for it. This is a subtle
distinction, but it may be relevant for a project like Corinthia.

Regards,
   Andrea.