corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [dfwebserver] Python binding
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:08:39 GMT
Dennis: I understand your concerns about ICLA etc and appreciate you raising this important
issue. However I feel that the way in which you are approaching it is being actively hostile
towards a new contributor; we want to attract people and we must express that their contributions
are valued, and work towards doing so. The two patches I’ve committed from Franz so far
have been small enough that according to my understanding they fall within the same categorisation
normally applied to patches - if a larger amount of code were in question, then I would have
acted differently.

I should mention that there were multiple issues that came up during my journey into Apache
and at one point I actually said I didn’t want any part of it and would take the project
to Github or somewhere else. I only stuck with it because of the encouragement of certain
people. Policies and licensing are certainly very important, but so are people - both are
necessary requirements for a project to succeed.

That doesn’t mean of course that we can skip on any rules - like any project we must make
sure we’re fulfilling the necessary legal requirements for accepting contributions. So:

Franz: Welcome. As you’ve seen, one of the things that we’re supposed to do for non-trivial
contributions is for Apache to have an ICLA ( on file
from contributors. I can see you’re doing some good work and anticipate more code from you.
Would you be willing to fill out an ICLA so that we can ensure we are meeting the necessary
legal/policy requirements in accepting your code? (this is a pre-requisite for all people
wishing to become committers to Apache projects).

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>