corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [CONF] Corinthia > ODF
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 02:37:56 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriela Gibson [mailto:gabriela.gibson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 16:43
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Cc: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: [CONF] Corinthia > ODF

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:02 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

[ ... ]
> In my opinion, we must be able to  read all versions, but only write the
> newest.
>
> This is a bit devil's advocate tale, but, it's a true story:

[ ... ]

So, there will be occasions where people will want to be able to use a
legacy program, because it makes life easier for them, or perhaps, an old
machine is all they can afford, or they simply don't want to enter upgrade
hell.  When ODF 6.0 comes round (and it probably will, eventually) there
will be lots of people wanting/needing this kind of functionality.

Also, Hackernews had an interesting discussion today:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9185356  --- maybe not quite
applicable to our situation here, but pretty similar.

I think it's worthwhile to consider to make it bidirectional by basic
design.