corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ICLA for Corinthia project
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 18:46:22 GMT
Oh, OK.  So Jan rejected the note from Franz before I attempted to accept it!

I see the email that is being moderated as an attachment.

I believe the way to accept an email and also accept all future emails from the same sender
is to do a "Reply all."  It will use both the accept and reject email addresses but apparently
the list server figures out that special case.  This does not make the sender a subscriber
though.  They need to do/request that themselves.

For private@ naturally, being a subscriber is by invitation only and uninvited private-subscribe@
requests will be rejected.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:51
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: ICLA for Corinthia project

On Thursday, March 19, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> That is good to know.  There is apparently an option that doesn't work for
> moderating users so that their messages will be accepted without requiring
> moderation in the future (not the same as subscribing the sender though).

Actually the problem might be different, I am not sure but also have very
little knowledge about the setup.

I had 2 emails to moderate in my inbox tonight. 1 for private and 1 for
dev, both was empty so I rejected them. The dev had hiwever been rejected
already.

Maybe the problem is that he moderators see mails with real content as
empty.

We have on purpose (that is the default private list setup) that all
non-subscribed mail sender must be moderated. I prefer that way, but will
not block if others feel different.

rgds
jan i