corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pe...@uxproductivity.com>
Subject Prototype web app, and Editor API
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:56:58 GMT
Unfortunately I still haven’t found time to begin putting together the foundations of a proper
web version of the Corinthia app, but I dug up an old version of a prototype I was experimenting
with quite some time ago (before the code became open source). You can check it out here:

http://web-demo.uxproductivity.com

Username/password: demo/uxwrite

Sometime in the next few days I hope to massage this into a cleaner format and get something
into the repository. But if you’re keen to start looking into this now, doing a view source
on this will give you an idea of how the web app could be implemented.

Note that this demo just uses a pre-defined HTML document; there’s no server-side logic,
ability to load & save files, or any integration with DocFormats. This was basically a
proof of concept, but I think could give us some ideas for a starting point. Note also this
is based on an old version of the editor code.

Also, I’ve created a page on the wiki to document the API exposed by the Editor library
(that is, the code in Editor/src) - see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Corinthia/API+reference.
These are the public functions intended to be used by a native app or other UI (e.g. browser-based).
The prototype I mentioned above has the editor library and document being edited in an <iframe>,
with all of the UI logic kept entirely separate from the library. Jan, I understand, is currently
working on the necessary bindings for C++/Qt to talk to the library.

I’ve just listed the functions so far without documentation. I’ll get to this as time
permits, but if you’re looking for something relatively easy to get started on, some of
you might like to have a look through the code and contribute documentation. All of the APIs
are covered by the test cases (Editor/tests/*) so you can see examples here of how they are
used.

--
Dr. Peter M. Kelly
Founder, UX Productivity