corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Zimmermann <Edward.Zimmerm...@cib.de>
Subject AW: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association : The Apache Software Foundation Blog
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:56:37 GMT
Sure,

ISARTOR (not far from where I'm sitting) is a set of PDFs that are not PDF/A-1b compliant.
One uses them to make sure that one's PDF/A-1b tests correctly trap the errors. The files
are about testing for non-conformance. They are a good first step!
The other collection is just a set of 10 PDF/UA documents to show what good PDF/UA can look
like. The reference suite says nothing really about conformance but is a nice "reference"
for getting the UA ball rolling....
Both are quite useful but don't really....

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2015 16:36
An: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Apache™ PDFBox™ named an Open Source Partner Organization of the PDF Association
: The Apache Software Foundation Blog

Oh, sorry.  I should not have said "conformance."  What I was thinking of was

<http://www.pdfa.org/2011/08/isartor-test-suite/>
and
<http://www.pdfa.org/publication/pdfua-reference-suite/>.

I note that "conforming" is used with respect to the reference suite, but I don't think those
are offered as any determination of compliance.

I do favor what I see of the approach to test suites there.

 - Dennis