corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The DF prefix
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:00:13 GMT
BTW - we’d need to keep the prefix for public API functions and types. This question just
concerns code that is purely internal to the library.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 7:57 pm, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
> As you’re all aware, this is used pretty extensively throughout the codebase.
>
> The reason I named all the core functions like this was to avoid name clashes with other
libraries, and with applications (e.g. for things like substring, HashTable etc).

> However, if we can figure out the right compile-time options to control symbol export,
such that only public API functions are exposed to other libraries or programs that use DocFormats,
then these symbols will not be seen, and there will be no chance of them clashing with names
that might be used by the application.