corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Corinthia on Ubuntu (trusty)
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:57:56 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to build Corinthia on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (trusty) and
encountered the following 3 issues whilst following the instructions in
README.md:

Issue 1
=======

When trying to build the latest libiconv from gnuorg:

In file included from progname.c:26:0:
./stdio.h:1010:1: error: ‘gets’ undeclared here (not in a function)
 _GL_WARN_ON_USE (gets, "gets is a security hole - use fgets instead");
 ^
make[2]: *** [progname.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/g/Downloads/libiconv-1.14/srclib'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/g/Downloads/libiconv-1.14/srclib'
make: *** [all] Error 2
~/Downloads/libiconv-1.14>

Fix:
-----

sudo apt-get install libiconv-hook1 libiconv-hook-dev

(true this is a libiconv (or perhaps Ubuntu) issue, but, I'm not sure and
maybe someone will find this info useful.)

Issue 2
=======

make has the following showstopper:

/home/g/corinthia/build/incubator-corinthia/DocFormats/platform/src/Linux.c:25:28:
fatal error: SDL2/SDL_image.h: No such file or directory
 #include <SDL2/SDL_image.h>
                            ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [DocFormats/platform/CMakeFiles/platform.dir/src/Linux.c.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [DocFormats/platform/CMakeFiles/platform.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Fix:
-----

Download and install this: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/

(this is a separate package to SDL2, confusingly so :)

Issue 3:
=======

After compiling, I could not get the tests to work with this instruction:

$ bin/dfutil -test $DOCFORMATS_DIR/tests

Output:
-----------

Usage:

dfutil -pp filename
    Print a plain text version of a .docx or .odt file to standard output
(... snip...)

Looking at function:

[[
static int runCommand(int argc, const char **argv, DFError **dferr)
]]

in incubator-corinthia/consumers/dfutil/src/main.c I can see that the
tests are currently only #defined for __APPLE__ and that there is no
switch '-test' defined otherwise.

regards,

Gabriela

--