corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checking malloc success and adding perror()
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:00:19 GMT
Hi

First thanks for your ideas, they are very welcome.

On 18 February 2015 at 22:19, Gabriela Gibson <gabriela.gibson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reading through the source, I see that a lot of mallocs() do not have a
>
> [[
> if(foo == NULL) {
>     perror("Foo: Out of memory.\n");
>     return _exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
> }
> ]]
>
> check.
>
> I can add those if you like.

It get a big +1 from me.

BUT if you do it generally I would prefer we make a central function in
e.g. platform

void DFextBailout(<text>)
 {
   perror(...)
   exit(EXIT_FAILURE)
}

That way we only need to change in one place if we e.g. one day want a
special logging.

I would NOT make a assert() like macro that includes the condition.

Please wait for Peter to comment, he might remember why there was no tests
in the first place.

rgds
jan i.