corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Microsoft's new web rendering engine
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:06:36 GMT
On Thursday, February 26, 2015, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:

> I’m extremely happy to see this happen - and I suspect I’m not alone ;)

no you are not.

We have not discussed it, but I assume we want to support older windows
versions as well. In my opinion our upcoming editor should work on windows
7, 8.1 and higher as well as IoS, MacOs.

Do we want to target Linux in general, and if so with what browser engine ?

Do we want to target Android ?

The reason for these question is a skype conversation between peter and
myself, where we discussed how to get an editor up and running fast (and
then later be enhanced).

 The current idea is that peter will build a very rough UI (HTML) with a
python backend on the server while I try to make a standalone version
(different UI) based in QtWebWidget. And then later hopefully Others will
take the js/html and nice it look nicer.

Remark: DocFormats and most of the apps will not depend on Qt, only a
single app will (and it can be replaced), therefore there are no license
issue.

rgds
jan i